Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Heyy Babyy Bollywood Movie


After two grueling days of visiting companies, we were in desperate need of a well deserved break. What better way to unwind than with dinner at the mall and a Bollywood movie like the locals do. We purchased Gold Class tickets to “Heyy Babyy” which came close to $10 USD, the same price for a movie in the US without the student discount. Unlike home, I ended up misplacing my movie ticket while I was roaming around the mall. After digging through my pockets profusely, it was to no avail and I was not able to locate my lost ticket among the few rupees held together with a paper clip. Leave it up to me to be the one to lose it.

Fortunately, the nice manager did not charge me for another ticket. There were only 32 seats in the gold class theater and we struck a deal where I would leave my seat if another customer purchased a ticket. So I was not allowed in until 5 seconds before the movie started. Upon finally being able to enter the theater, I noticed that all my classmates had kicked their feet high in the air while they lay completely flat in their individual la-z-boy recliners. Now that is what I am talking about, that is the well deserved break we longed for and we need to move these la-z-boy recliners over to AMC Mercado. I also noticed that waiters were coming around to take drink and food orders, this was included in the gold class tickets we purchased. When I sat down, I was lucky enough to select a seat that was broken. Given my good fortune thus far, I decided to sit still and make do with what I had since I did not have to pay twice. The movie started with the 3 main characters at a dance club. Within 10 minutes it was obvious that this was the Bollywood version of “3 men and a baby.” Then the waiters delivered the food and drinks about 15 minutes into the movie. Please refer to the following link (http://heyybabyy.erosentertainment.com/) for a synopsis of the movie and to view the trailer. I do not want to spoil the movie for those yet to see the film. I will however say that the movie did incorporate many dance routines and the sound system was at full blast throughout the whole movie.

After about an hour and a half, the movie suddenly halted with an intermission break. It was then that everyone took the anticipated washroom break and I searched for a working recliner. Not everyone ran to the bathrooms, there were a few individuals who were found sleeping in the recliner. I was able to locate the 1 empty seat in the front row of all places, but who was I to complain. I did check to see that it reclined and I could kick my feet up as my fellow classmate had for the first half of the movie. Now that I was ready to relax, the waiters came back around to take orders for the last half of the movie. Again, they delivered the food and drinks about 15 minutes into the second half. I was so relaxed in the working seat that 15 minutes before the movie concluded, I noticed that my wallet was no longer in my back pocket. I was certain that I had it when I moved locations.

Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong … it got worst. My credit cards, driver’s license, and most importantly, my SCU student ID were now engulfed by this recliner. I sat there anxiously waiting for the movie to finally end. After, what felt like a 30 minute long final dance routine number, the lights finally turned on. I quickly dropped to the floor in search of my wallet and given my luck, it was not there. I looked around and was ready to tear this recliner apart. After searching for 15 minutes with no luck I was ready to give up. It was then that a fellow classmate found my wallet in one of the crevasses in this recliner. This day finally ended and I was glad to reach the hotel without misplacing anything else. Thereafter, the day captain was responsible for my plane tickets and the roommate check now included my wallet.

-- Eugene Cabanban

No comments: